Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chicago Bean

After living in Chicago almost 9 mo. I finally made it to Millennium Park to capture The Bean.

I kept getting frustrated because I really felt like I couldn't get a new interesting perspective on this thing. I tried to shoot high, low, and all around. Finally I decided to focus on all the tourists. I don't know the people in this photo, nor did I ask permission to photograph them. I decided on this photo because it shows why people like to visit it. They want to see it, and they want to take their picture in the reflection. I thought the snow on the ground made an interesting mix as well as how the Bean fades into the sky. It is quite an interesting sight, to see all these people milling around this funky shaped thing. I think it's definitely a sight to see while visiting the city (as long as its not -25 outside).

CC always welcome:)

No comments: